I got home around 9 and ate an uncounted amount of chipotle Triscuts topped with cashew and almond cheeze (pulp leftover from making milk plus spices and a touch of olive oil). Damn that was good. Well a salty pseudo-dinner-more-like-large-late-night-snack called for some dessert. Garrison declared that he was craving Guinness and peanut butter.
At the same time?
I wish I had a working camera so that I could have photographed what followed this. I was up for dessert too. Not like I hadn't eaten enough sugar during the workday but nonetheless, I'm easily convinced and very innovative.
Hershey bar. Split down the center. Spread peanut butter on one half. Place the other half on top. Take a bite. Close eyes and utter low, satisfied noises.
Now for the Guinness. Those who know me are aware that one beer is enough to make me unable to drive and I still had to go home for the evening so we split a can. The half-beer sized glasses were in the dish washer so we used a different beverage receptacle: champagne flutes. Yes,
- 7am morning smoothie: almond milk, blueberries, greens chia seeds.
- Mid morning snack attack: fresh blueberries, a nectarine, one banana.
- Lunch: Jar salad with extra dressing this time and a clementine.
- Post lunch dessert craving caving: 2 small peanut butter cups, a little york peppermint patty AND a small Carvel Resse's Pieces Sundae (shoot me now).
- I've also been popping fresh blueberries (probably not organic) in my mouth whenever I cross through the kitchen.
I think I'm also going to attempt to make a whole wheat chocolate cake sweetened with applesauce. Or maybe I should attempt to play with my bread maker. We'll see how ambitious I get.