Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Day 2 of Real(ish) Food

Breakfast at 7am was a bowl of steel cut oats cooked in water, combined with flaxseeds and Schmucker's natural peanut butter (let's call it SNP from now on). I topped it with a banana.

By 8:45am I was starving so I caved. Someone brought in what looked like fresh home baked bread. It looked like it was made with white flour. Might have been unbleached but white flour is still white flour. People were toasting slices and it smelled delicious. I imagined slathering a slice with butter! MMmmmmm...wait, there's no butter. Damn.

I did it. I toasted a slice of the non-real bread. I topped it with some sliced banana and LOVED EVERY BITE! And of course in an hour and a half, I was starving again.

Lunch was 4 Wasa rye crackers (100% whole rye, found in the organic section at Wegmans) topped with a veggie-bean salad I made by unmeasured spoonfuls. As I did yesterday, I ended my meal with a small amount of natural peanut butter that I licked straight off the spoon. It's so rich and decadent that it makes a great dessert substitute.

A weird craving hit me about 20 minutes ago. I made green tea instead.

Then around 4 I had a banana with peanut butter.

For dinner, Garrison had fajitas in 100% ww homemade tortillas. I ate mine out of Avocado skins. Filled them with ground turkey seasoned with habanero; peppers and onions; and topped with mashed avocado.

I was ambitious last night too. I started a batch of yogurt and make raw cookie dough balls with Hershey's dark chocolate chips (Sugar. Not real). Then I whipped up some chocolate with coco, coconut oil, stevia (not real I guess?), raw honey and rice milk. THEN I decided it was time to TRY SOMETHING NEW!!

I have made ice cream out of frozen bananas before but this time I thought instead of milk, I'd add a bit of Bailey's to the mix. So I did about 1 banana sliced and frozen, 1 tbsp of cocoa (too much), a dash of Stevia (not "real food"), and a few splashes of Bailey's hint of mint. It must have been the banana and mint clashing...it didn't go well. I had to add some maple syrup (real! yay!) to make it go down easy.

OH SHOOT I LEFT MY BALLS AT HOME! Grrrrr.

No comments:

Post a Comment