Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Day 1 of Real(ish) Food

In the morning I ate homemade yogurt with homemade honey-sweetened granola. I drank some black french press coffee.

I'm sure I had a mid-morning snack but I can't remember what it was it may have been 1 or 2 clementines.

Lunch was a home made 100% whole wheat tortilla  filled with a black bean and veggie salad plus some apple slices. I was going to saute them in butter but we're out of butter at work. I ended my meal with about a teaspoon of Schmucker's natural peanut butter.

Afternoon snack was a banana with aforementioned peanut butter.

Dinner was a small green salad topped with chicken breast sauteed in herbs. Pretty real so far...until I added Kraft Greek dressing which has way too many ingredients to be good and sugar.

Then I ate an access bar. It's crappy. It's supposed to help you burn fat while you work out. Whatever. I think I may use the rest of the box as a pre gym snack until they're gone (who knows how long they'll last, I don't get to the gym much).

I wasn't sated after these items. I was really hungry. But I made it through two hours of dance without collapsing. When I got home I popped a couple olives in my mouth and heated up a cup of home made broth (scraps of otherwise wasted vegetables, fruit and meats that I boiled in party tap water and part starch water from boiling pasta).

During this night time nutrient drink, Garrison was feeding me small forkfuls of homemade (with white flour and white sugar) apple pie topped with Redi Whip.

Ok. Little bits here and there were not "real" so we shall continue on this journey together you and I-whoever you are--if there's anyone out there.

Ok loveyoubye.

No comments:

Post a Comment