Friday, March 2, 2012

Master Cleanse Day 7


I'm getting an early start on recapping the day that's already happening because I'm bored.
Oh speaking of boredom, I have been asked to mention the following: The views of my blog do not reflect those of the company I work for. Especially my article about cake.
Last night I started drinking my tea at 10:20pm last night. A side note, I have felt generally happy while doing this cleanse. More so than on any normal day of doing whatever. At work sometimes I let my mind wander and I just stew over the most ridiculous things and I find myself very upset and drained by the end of the day. On the cleanse, not so. I'm focused on what my thoughts, desires and cravings are. I think about what would happen if I weren't on a cleanse. Most of the time I'd eat any thing just to relieve some momentary boredom. My thoughts have been a lot more productive while on this cleanse.
BUT there have been 2 times I did indeed cry and have a breakdown. They were both after 10:30pm and in response to something that's been bugging me for a significant length of time. It was a surprise to me though. I go from being happy all day long to right down the emotional drain.
After 10:30pm.
Having been provoked.
Moving along,
This morning I woke up at 4:40am with severe stomach cramps. Not much came of them. Went back to bed, woke up after 6. In the basement bathroom at about 10 till 7. I didn't do my SWF I just did NOT want to deal with that at work. I wanted an emergency free day. Well. It was after about 9 o Clock. I felt like I was dying from 8-845 but magically after the last elimination from last night's tea, I was energetic! I was jumping and dancing and smiling, striking poses, being wild. Just like the old Juli most people know.
The other night I texted Sadie. We hadn't talked in forever. She asked what was going on in the Juli Show and it brought so much joy to me she reminded me of that! She used to say "You're the star of the Juli Show!" It's true! My life is a big musical production with lights, costuming, song and dance. Every now and again I lose touch with it and fall into something far less pleasant.
Maybe it's all the toxins in my body. Maybe it's the extra weight bringing me down. Whatever it is, I've flushed it away (pun intended) and am now feel fabulous again. I'm not making this up either. I feel really, really good.
My thought is that I had a healing crises on days 5 and 6 and am now experiencing the day 7 euphoria some have mentioned. I'm glad we extended our cleanse to 10 days.
What sort of excites me here is that this week has been full of temptations to eat; cookies, bagels, bread and pizzas, muffins and donuts in the office every single day. The best part of it was that I overcame the temptation bearing in mind the immediate consequence: ending my cleanse before reaping all the benefits, not to mention ending my cleanse in the WRONG WRONG way. It made me think of how I can control my mind to resist the treats on a non cleansing week.
Ok sure, you say. There's nothing wrong with having a treat every now and again. True, it's not gonna kill me if I eat unhealthy occasionally. But. I simply cannot sample the food that gets brought into this place every single time. Why? BECAUSE IT HAPPENS NEARLY EVERY FRICKEN DAY!! Holy cow!
I'm considering telling everyone I've given up white flour and white sugar for lent. I don't participate in the lenten season but people at work know I'm a Christian so maybe they'll buy it.
OH- did I mention I had a weigh in this morning? Four pounds down from Day 1. Maybe that's why I'm striking poses, singing and dancing!
I took my SWF after work and was kinda dying all night. Fell asleep on the couch again and had trouble falling asleep at night. I'm taking my herbal laxative in the morning so that I won't be exploding until after the class in the afternoon. I hate the SWF.

No comments:

Post a Comment