Friday, March 2, 2012

Master Cleanse Day 2

Well I should probably entitle this as day 1 and the previous day 0 because it's the morning and I'm just going to talk about yesterday.
I started the cleanse officially at about 10:40am with my first glass of lemonade. It tastes great! That maple syrup is truly legit. The first few hours were the toughest because I also had a slight caffeine withdrawal headache BUT it wasn't as terrible as I thought it would be. I guess I've sufficiently decreased my caffeine dependence to a small enough dose. Haha!
Anyhow, we figured that since we have to drink at least 60oz a day that we'd need a serving every 2 two hours. After the first drink we headed out on some errands, the library (to pick up a book so that we could, uh, read about what we're doing while embarking) and then to Kohl's to see if we could find Garrison a better dish drying rack. There were none. But he found a pair of pants he wanted.
Turns out EVERYONE was in Kohl's yesterday, the lines for checkout were terrible! As we were standing there, I started to get dizzy and feel weak. I felt better once we were sitting down in the car and drove up to get something from one of his buddies. I started reading the book in the car. I didn't know the benefits were as extreme as some have experienced!
We came back and had another drink. Finally. Then we read some more of the book. Then I felt tired and started nodding off so I took a nap. After my nap, we had a drink and kept reading.
Ok ps, this is rather narrative eqsue. I'm not trying to bore whoever the heck might be reading this. This is just a public display of me needed to have these things logged.
Yes. After that we decided we should maybe try to find some Grade B maple syrup because what we started with was Grade A dark amber which is ok but not as quality as grade B. The health food store closed :( We tried wegmans but the only thing there was the same stuff we had been using...
For a whopping $8.49 per 12 oz bottle. That should get use through 3 days of the cleanse.
Yeah. EXPENSIVE! but less expensive than cancer, I guess.
Then I premade my last 2 drink and headed out to a dance show. By this time I was feeling fabulous! Not weak or dizzy, actually very sharp and happy. I grabbed by bottle before the last piece and sipped it. After the show I went to Chilli's with Linda.
Like oh my gosh, I went to a restaurant while fasting. I stared temptation right in the face and I WON THE CONTEST! It was perfect. Linda got a glass of wine, I got a bottle of Dasani and we talked up a storm!
As I left I think I had food smells lingering on my hair and my stomach was feeling grumbly but I made it through. Then I went home, drank the last of my lemonade and passed out.
I dreamt of hosting a dinner for all my coworkers and serving lasagna, baked mac and cheese and a salad. I was sitting there with some on my plate telling myself I couldn't eat it but then every once in a while I'd taste it on auto pilot and go "WHHAAT I WASN'T SUPPOSED TO DO THAT!"
I woke up this morning and drank my laxative tea...but nothing happened. Now I'm on the couch.

No comments:

Post a Comment