Monday, June 18, 2012


This will be incredibly boring unless you're a food voyeur like me.

I gotta log what I eat. When I don't, I'm no good at figuring out when it's okay for me to have a treat. So here goes.


8ish- Breakfast
Raw almond milk, frozen blueberries, baby red leaf lettuce and chia seeds. Blend. Slurp. Yummm!

10am: Natural PB and polaner fruit spread sandwich on Wegmans 100% whole wheat. Not a perfect meal because the Polaner has a few additives and so does the store bought bread. But hey. I was starving and needed something before we hit the road.

When I visit Garrison's family I ALWAYS get fatigued and a little moody.  I'm still trying to figure out if the what throws me off when I visit is the fact that I drink their ion treated water or if it's just the sum of environmental factors and mostly processed food. For example, his mom will cook meals complete with fresh veggies but it seems like a visit isn't a visit (to them at least) without a breakfast of Bisquick waffles or pancakes and bacon. Lucky for me, the maple syrup there is real.  But I know I do feel very different when I visit the (hopefully future) in-law so I was nervous about going this weekend because my prior week's eating wasn't exactly ideal. I did my best to combat it. 

1pm: Lunch at the Moseley's
 The offerings were sandwiches with deli turkey, ham or roast beef and deli cheeses on sandwich rolls or store-bought multigrain bread. After my lack of positive response to any of this, I was offered a salad! YAY! The spring mix was organic but probably not the other vegetable toppings. I had carrot, pepper, avocado and...uhhh... I don't remember. I topped it with balsamic vinegar. Then I started eating Tostitos "natural" blue corn chips with organic salsa. I don't think I'll ever be able to give up corn chips. Lisa at 100 Days of Real Food doesn't recommend tortilla chips at all since they're deep fried, usually in a highly processed oil. This one had only 3 ingredients: Whole organic blue corn, expeller-pressed sunflower oil and sea salt. I didn't think that sounded too bad. At least it wasn't canola oil! I think I ate a little past the feeling of being sated but I felt good for the rest of the afternoon.

Probably 7pm
We out to this totally swanky small plates style restaurant with my boyfriend and his family. Garrison's uncle Frank, the wine connoisseur ordered us a total of FIVE bottles between the 7 of us. The wine kept flowing all night long and I ate WAY too much food. I barely remember everything I ate but I loved every delicious morsel.


7:30am- Black coffee and some water--probably not enough.

10:30am- Brunch.
I was starving before we ate but I survived on coffee. I might have popped a few salted peanuts in my mouth while cooking. Garrison and I decided to force our choices on the family so we went out the night before to purchase whole wheat flour for the waffles we made Sunday morning. We topped them with pure maple syrup, butter, and bananas. Ah yes, there was also bacon. I ate past the sated feeling but only by a little. The advantage was not really being hungry two hours later.

I felt really energetic after. It was nice. I helped Garrison power wash his car. But then around 2pm I hit a slump and all I wanted to do was SLEEP. So I took about a half hour nap which felt more like 3 hours.

3:45pm- Early Dinner
New York bacon wrapped sirloin, an ear of yellow corn and about 1/4 cup of cooked organic quinoa with diced carrots and peppers. I definitely stopped when I was full but what was to follow sort of cancelled out the benefit of such.

Dessert: frozen bananas processed with cocoa, natural peanut butter, a splash of milk and a bit of chocolate temptation. Gosh...probably 3/4 cups worth of this "ice cream." It was delish. I ate till my bowl was empty.

So since all the eating was over by 5pm  I figured starting my nightly fast would be good but I was up for a snack by the time we returned from Wegmans at 10pm. As I was doing the dishes, Garrison was feeding me chipotle triscuts topped with isreali feta cheese. I don't know how many I had, maybe five. But after that I was thirsty because that particular cheese is super salty. More so on top of a triscut! Then I went on to prepare my week's worth of jarred salad complete with organic celery, some left over broccoli, homemade greek dressing, local habanero and jalapeno cheese and organic spring mix. After chopping my celery, I made pesto from the leaves with garlic and some cashew and almond pulp. Spread some over a rye cracker. OH YUMMERIFICA! That was it though. Bedtime happened around 11:30. I was not a happy camper in the morning.


7am- Breakfast; Almond milk smoothie with chia seeds, greens, blueberries and peaches.

9:30am-Snack; A ripe banana. I was dying to grab the sausage egg mcmuffin that was left on the kitchen counter at work but I talked myself out of it for 3 reasons 1)It's highly processed and I was a very bad girl last week, 2) It was cool so I would have had to reheat it and 3) Elaine put it there and I don't like Elaine. So I ate the banana and dealt with the rest of my hunger by trying to stay busy and drinking filtered water.

1 comment:

  1. "Elaine put it there and I don't like Elaine." Too funny lol